Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer at the Farmers Market is back!


It's official!

In true New Westminster fashion, Thursday kicked off summer season
of The Royal City Farmers Market!
After a long winter and spring it was great to see some fresh vegetables again!
The famous popcorn was also there and we had to buy some of that. Besides tomatoes I also bought potatoes, eggs, peppers(see how many you can fit in a bag for $4), honey, coffee and two plants for my garden.
At the honey booth I was sold on some chocolate hazelnut butter - so good!

I bought a tie pin for my husband made of fused glass from a local artist with a company called DINGOLAY, check out the website! We also had to buy a few sweet treats from the vegan baker! Delicious chocolate chip cupcakes and Nanaimo bars!

The farmers market is held every Thursday from 3-7 pm, beside city hall on 4th street near Tipperary Park and friendship garden (a true hidden gem in the city).

No comments:

Post a Comment