Friday, March 18, 2011

River Market @ New Westminster Quay


I recently had the pleasure to spend some time down at the new River Market in New Westminster at the Quay. After shopping a few times at the Donald's Market I ventured further inside to see what other offerings were there.

The great wall tea was my first stop. Friendly staff and aromatic teas are the draw to this lovely little shop. The wall is a clever way to display and store the over 100 types of tea available.The blog Tenth to the Fraser wrote a great review of the tea company here! My family has been enjoying a fantastic Cream Earl Grey - Delicious!

We then checked out the Tiny store beside the tea shop. Everything sold there is made locally. We tried two of the delicious jams; Huckleberry and Saskatoon berry.

I love the art throughout the market including these beautiful panels that hang over the escalators, it really says west coast to me.

The fun art that is all over the market is playful and unexpected.

Even the super modern wash-rooms have fun touches

We attended a birthday party at the Vancouver Circus School

This was a big hit with my five year old daughter, especially the silks and giant trampoline.

I look forward to seeing what else will move into the new market this spring and summer!


“She slipped softly from a summer stream, as seamless as a summer’s dream.”
Toby Barazzuol.

No comments:

Post a Comment