Monday, January 24, 2011

New Year - more blogging!


I have been neglecting this blog for quite some time, to say I have been busy is no exaggeration! My family and I love living here in New Westminster and now find our way around the city quite well. We have enjoyed a lot of fun events in the city. We just took our tree to be chipped at the Canada Games Pool, the New Westminster Fire Fighters host the event annually. We bought that tree at the Shop Sapperton event again this year. We were able to use our wagon to collect and dispose of the tree. Living in New Westminster car free is challenging sometimes. We have learned the bus and sky-train schedules, and have found walking in New West is great!

As a New Years resolution I will try and blog more often! I plan on continuing my "exposes" on the parks of New Westminster. I would like to seek out more art in the city this year too. When I lived in Vancouver I noticed a lot of art galleries, both independent ones and the beautiful VAG. Public art, large installations or sculptures are inspiring. I think they need to be in every city and add so much to public space! I would like to see what I find when I look for more art this year. I hear some exciting things are in the works!

This post made me think of the mosaic in Hume Park in front of the playground. This park is a beautiful retreat. I saw a double rainbow here the day after we moved in. I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment